Monday, September 21, 2009

Ward Choir, Shopping, and Pepper Spray

Did anyone happen to notice how well the Ward Choir number fit into the meeting yesterday? Purely by "chance", the topic was Patriarchal Blessings, and the hymn we sang? "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me." I love it!

I have heard many, many people wish that Target would come to Tooele. Oh, Wal Mart just doesn't have the stuff we want! I've said it myself! Well, I wanted 2 things - picture frames, and pants. I went in to Salt Lake purely to go to Target for the said items. The picture frames were all too expensive, and the pants were ALL WAY TOO LONG!!! Anyone ever hear of petite size? I know I'm short compared to my husband, but I'm fairly average compared to other women! So, I go on my regular grocery shopping trip to the local Tooele Wal Mart, and leave with 3 picture frames exactly the size I want, and 2 new pairs of PETITE pants that fit my needs. Wal Mart, 2, Target, 0!!!

Have you ever wondered what it would sound like if a 2-year-old boy was sprayed in the face with pepper spray? My brother no longer has to wonder - and I'm glad that I can only imagine.

The biggest downside to working is having to have my boys at a babysitter 2 days a week. I've got a great regular babysitter, but as always will happen, there are just days that don't work out for both of us, and I have to scramble to find a replacement. This day, it was my brother. Not my youngest brother, who is an old hand a taking care of my kids - I call him the Human Body Pillow because he could put all my kids to sleep on himself, except for J who would accept no one but me - this is my other brother, who loves kids but isn't around to babysit as much.

Well, I got the dreaded call - my Dad called to tell me that he was at the emergency room with J, but everything was okay. The full story, which I got piece by piece, is that S and J made a huge mess of the bathroom, spraying each other with water. My brother was cleaning that up, and the boys went into G&G's bedroom. S picked up something with a nozzle, pointed it and J, and sprayed. John said he just heard the piercing shriek coming from the room - over and over again. J had brown stuff all over his face. John scooped him up, washed his face as well as he could, and Dad took him to the InstaCare just to be sure everything would be okay.

Horrible, money-worrier that I am, I stayed at work. Dad called me a few times to let me know how things were going - they didn't think J got very much in his eyes, and they rinsed his eyes and gave him numbing eye drops to help with the pain. I, of course, Googled pepper spray and found no cases of blindness in 2 year olds. :) J got a cute teddy bear that he carries around with him, and I got another story to put on the blog!

No comments: