E has a bad luck foot. If something bad is going to happen to her, it is this foot that it will happen to - and she is in the greatest danger right before times that she needs to walk! The Sunday before Halloween, S pulled the pin on our treadmill that holds the track up, and it fell to the floor with a bang - skimming E's leg in the process. Besides a nasty friction burn on the back of her leg, she was pushed to the floor, and did some damage to her ankle. She went back to crawling immediately, and after watching her crawl around all Monday, luckily without school that day, I took her to the doctor on Tuesday. Her foot was swollen, and bruised, and he couldn't determine if there was anything broken, so he sent us for an x-ray, just in case. The x-ray came back negative for breaks, so then I had to get hard-nosed with her, trying to convince her to walk! Dr Jarvis said that she needed to walk on the foot in order for the swelling to go down, so that it would stop hurting.
After many arguments with her, which she won by refusing to walk, on Wednesday I looked at her and asked her if she remembered after her surgery when I told her she could walk, and she insisted that she couldn't. She said she remembered, and I asked her if she remembered who was right that time? She pointed at me. I asked her who she thought was right this time... and she pointed to herself. :) However, I was able to convince her to stand up and take just TEN steps! She did, and took a few more, because (of course) I was right! Later, she gave me a big hug, and told me that I WAS right!
Trick-or-Treating was a bit shorter, due to her getting tired sooner than she has in years past, but that just means their candy will run out sooner, and I can't seem to see that as a bad thing! J isn't eating as it is, because I'll give him something NON-candy, and he'll see the candy around the house and refuse to eat anything that he doesn't consider candy!
2 comments:
Wow, I read about all your hospital visits, that's crazy! We've only had two emergency room visits due to accidents (there were others from illness) and they were four years apart. I definitely feel lucky. Parker has had three ear surgeries though, and he has never reacted badly to the anesthasia. I think they just prepare you for the worst in case your kid is one of those one in a hundred that flips out!
Post a Comment