Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Scrapbooking

Well, it doesn't sound like much of a brag, considering what TODAY'S date is, but I just have ONE MORE PAGE to do, and I'm done scrapbooking the year 2004! WOW, so exciting! I'm hoping to have a lot of 2005 done before Christmas comes around, and New Year, and I'm another year behind!

I am a lonely scrapbooker - I can't go to the parties and such, because I'm a pretty simple gal when it comes to all this stuff - my main tools are an exact-o knife, my color printer, my computer, and my Hallmark Scrapbook Studio program. It doesn't have the nice 3D look of the typical scrapbook pages, but hey, I get it done this way, and I think it is cute! Much better than the blank pages I used to do, with simple names written or typed on. I actually love my scrapbook program, and just recommended it to my visiting teacher today as an easy, cute way to do all that scrapbooking we always have on our minds! I do insist on real photographs, not ones I print at home, so my pages are technically 2D.

One of my favorite things to do on my computer is a yearly collage of everything that happened in the family during that year. I've also done it about the boy's birth stories. I have a pretty good memory, so I just put down titles to remind me of certain things - enough that I can tell the story to anyone that reads it and asks, "What does that mean?" I record all those things that your curious to know, but never have pictures of, so they never really have a page about them. Specifically, I record the callings that Ray and I have held during that year, any trips we took, things the kids have done during the year, hospital visits - kind of a year at a glance. The main thing is, it is not nice and clean. I tilt and turn the text all over the page, using different colors and fonts. So, for 2008 I would put 11 Year Anniversary, Castle Creek Inn, Hale Center Theater, "Into the Woods". It is one of my favorite things to do, and one of my favorite things to look back at when I'm looking through my scrapbook. Sure, some stories might fade, and 20 years from now I might be the one questioning what I meant by that, but most things are self-explanatory, and it is fun to have a simple record of the events of the year. I put that page at the beginning of each year, as I scrapbook chronologically.

The other thing that I have successfully done for the first time, is I put together all of S's baby pictures that I took each month of him in his baby seat, so you can see him grow - and as he was my baby that actually GREW, it is pretty amazing to see his progression from little squishy ball-o-baby to large, overflowing-the-seat-that-was-once-so-big baby. The only thing - I did it for 11 months, and FORGOT TO TAKE THE 12-MONTH PICTURE! That is one moment I can't get back. :(

5 comments:

The A Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

I am a digital scrapbooker myslef. All the cutting, gluing and adding things to pages is way to time consuming! That said, I am still working on a baby book for each of the kids, I haven't even started my year books!!!

happy mom said...

I would love to see your pages, that sound great, I too am digital, but I am completely digital, pictures too, but I don't print them at home, so that helps. I am impressed with how much you have done, I am way behind! I did the same picture in the same seat with Sam and sort of with the girls, I kept forgetting with them. and it was fun, I think I took that from parents magazine. what a great idea. How fun you have a blog!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I have a program for the computer you are welome to try it, also I know there are websites that make books (real books) from your digital pages! I just got a free one from Opra! woo hoo go Opra! (can you tell I am not a fan hehe)but it was rather nice of her to give me a free book to try to win my love!

~Jordyn said...

Hey I'm glad I found you on here. :)