Monday, November 23, 2009

A Bad Week

Hubby was gone all last week for work. He's done it before, he'll do it again - I am grateful he has a job. The thing about last week was the timing. I was PMSing BAD. I either get a touch of PMS, or cramps, and I'm not quite sure which is worse!

Now, I'm not a big proponent of blaming hormones for things. I think that the hormones don't create emotions, they simply augment. And, I think that as women we sometimes need those emotions to BE augmented, so the things that we try to avoid dealing with become impossible to avoid and we need to deal with it. That being said, it was not a good week to be the lone caretaker.

Why do I admit this to the blog? I told a friend about my week, and he asked me if I had written it in my journal - and this is my journal for my kids. Easier and faster than the handwritten one I keep for other things. So, I am writing it in my journal so I will remember, and perhaps somewhere down the line find myself able to laugh.

S & J both have colds - stuffy noses, coughs. I don't know if that was effecting J, but he was whining ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY. Now, that is augmented in my memory, but it really was a whole lot of whining. And, his most used word in his whines is "MOMMY!" The rest is still gobble-dee-gook, so it takes a lot of patience to FIRST, understand what he wants, and SECOND, explain to him why he can't have it. That is followed by more whining. I TRY not to give into whining, as it merely breeds more whining, though there is an exception to EVERY rule in my house. Just, not too often to make it a habit, I hope!

All this leads up to Thursday. I had worked that morning, but soon after I got home, the whining began again. I turned around and looked at J, and said to him, "J, I am NO LONGER YOUR MOMMY!!! I am TIRED of you whining my name at me, so you can NO LONGER USE THAT NAME FOR ME!!!!"

Then, I went and hid in my room, not waiting to see how effective that command was on my two year old boy. I'm sure he perfectly obeyed, though.

I am so grateful for my husband!!! I am so grateful for my children, who so quickly forgive and forget about all of mommies tantrums, and just love me. Even when I am SO unloveable.

We won't get into the yelling match that I had with J later that night, when he threw a handful of chocolate pudding across the room, hitting the computer screen and books on the desk where I was working. "Bad boy!!" "No, you baboy, Mom!" "You DON'T THROW FOOD!!!" "No, mom!!!" ARGH!!!

No comments: