Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Can you tell the difference between a dry used Pull-Up, and one fresh from the package?

S is dong MUCH better with his potty training lately. I am quite pleased with him. He tried to tell me a few days ago that he was doing so much better, that he didn't need to wear "special underwear" to bed anymore, he could stay dry. I told him that if he could show me dry pull-ups every morning, I'd consider it.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, S walks into the bathroom and hands me a dry pair of pull-ups. I got all excited and asked if he'd stayed dry overnight. He nodded. I peeked in, to make sure that they were truly dry, and noticed that they seemed unusually compact... like there hadn't been a little boy's shaped worked into them over the last 12 hours...

"S, did you wear this pair last night?"

"Yes, Mom, I stayed dry."

"S, are you SURE you wore these last night? Lets go to your room and see if we can find the real pair, okay?"

We walked into his room, and I didn't see a wet pull up sitting discarded on the floor. I asked S where it was, and he shrugged. I asked again, and he pointed to some undefined place. J happily said, "Ri dere!" and pointed under the train table. I bent down, and there was his wet underwear and pants.

Stark contrast to the week before, I hugged S and told him that it was okay if he wet his bed, he just needed to tell me so I can wash his bedding! Poor kid, to have such an imperfect mommy. At least I get it right sometimes.

No comments: