Ray and I went to his work's Christmas party last week. He had told me where it was being held, some place in Salt Lake, but I didn't think much about it. As we were heading out the door, saying goodbye to the kids, giving the babysitter last bits of instruction, I decided that I didn't want the hassle of carrying around my purse. Ray was driving, he had his wallet, I didn't need anything in my purse!
Well, we got to Trolly Square, and wandered around looking for the place for the party, named Green Street. We finally found it, exactly opposite of where we had parked, and walked in. The girl sitting at the front stopped us and asked us for ID. Uuuhhhhhh, I don't have an ID. No one ever said we needed ID! But, I won't be drinking, so it's okay. I just thought I wouldn't get the little stamp on my hand. She looked at me strangely, and said you ALWAYS need ID to get into any bar. I looked up at Ray, not knowing what to do, and he didn't know, either. She knew we were there not for the bar part, but for the private party, so she said JUST THIS ONCE she'll let me go without the ID. As she was scanning Ray's ID, I caught a look she gave me. She was a goth-type, dark black hair, tattoos, black fingernails, dark makeup. The look wasn't hostile, it was more curious - has she really NEVER been to a BAR???
I smiled to myself, celebrating my naivete. I never want to lose it! :) Ray laughed as we walked back to our car at the end of the party, saying that she'd let me by just this once, like I was ever going to go back when obviously I'd never been before. :) I embrace and LOVE my Molly-Mormon-ness!!!
2 comments:
That is hilarious! You are awesome!
Yeah, gotta love that Molly Mormon stuff. I get that A LOT here! It's weird to be in the minority!
Post a Comment