Sunday, February 21, 2010

J worst haircut, ever

I love J's hair. The girls hair is cute, sometimes curly, straight if I make it so. S's hair is curly and coarse, so it is springy and typically a bit messy. J's hair is straight and fine. He can wake up with the messiest hair, and 20 minutes later it is straight and flat again. It is so soft, so different from any of my other kids, so J.

He was born with NO hair. M had tons, E had less, S even less, and J had none. For the longest time, he was just thin and fine - fairly non-existent. I cut it one time because it was starting to thicken up and he had two layers of hair, long and short, and I wanted to even it all up. Then, one day, I realized his hair was all in, and long and straight and CUTE. White blonde, framing his sweet face. Oh, I loved his hair. I've trimmed it a few times, but I was NEVER going to cut his bangs.

Then, the white blonde started growing out, and he had two shades of hair. In agony, I watched his white blonde hair turn dark blonde, and I knew at some point I would cut all the blonde out and he wouldn't be my little blonde boy anymore.

Well, I guess I grew tired of agonizing over it, because I gritted my teeth and decided to just get rid of it all in one fatal cut...






If only I had stopped there...



My only consolation is that his hair will grow again, and I will have learned my lesson. I'll never chop his hair short again.
The only positive thing is I can spike his hair now, so his hair reflects his true personality...




S got a hair cut at the same time. He always says he wants his hair to be as long as J's - which just isn't possible, but at least he let me cut it.

No comments: