I think it was a squeeze-in appointment, because we waited a LONG time. Thankfully, my friend watched my boys for me, so it was just me and M for an hour before the doctor came in. He checked her face, her shoulders, her muscles - all good. He told me that he wanted to check with the doctor (he was a physician's assistant - again, they got me in ASAP, I'm not complaining), then came back and asked, "Do you know what this is?" Bells Palsy. He confirmed that, and said it is treated with an anti-viral, as well as a anti-inflammatory because it is within 3 days of onset, with eye drops thrown in for good measure just in case M's eye isn't working as well as it should. In pill form (excepting the drops, of course) which she struggled with the last time she tried. 5 pills a day should cure her of that!
Most people recover 100%, most people never have a relapse - he'll see us back in a week.
M is doing good with it, she's not self-conscious about it at all. She showed off her frozen eye brow to a boy in her class, and he said it was cool. You really can't tell much, even when she smiles it could just be normal.
So, pray that she'll be like most people and it will heal soon! Dad will get her a priesthood blessing tonight. My only real worry - aren't school pictures coming up soon???
4 comments:
Hope she gets better soon. What are the chances that she would have that as well as Kellye?! That seems crazy to me. The caramel apples looked delicious bytheway. I'm totally making some this week. Yum!
What a blessing to catch it early, I am happy that she is not self conscious about it, I think Addy would be. Let me know if you need anything!
Our school pictures are tomorrow--I'm sure she'll just look charmingly quirky. :) How long have you had this blog, anyway??
It is 2011 and I still have the symptoms of bells palsy.I don't think my ear that is deaf is going to ever heal.
Post a Comment