To Emma's GREAT delight - she showed 10 times more enthusiasm than M ever did - I've finished her quilt! It is good... but NOW what am I going to do with my time? Or, to put it better, how am I going to excuse all the time I spend watching TV?
Just a taste of all the entertainment I've used to entertain myself while working on these quilts: listened to "Breaking Dawn" on audio book, watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Veronica Mars" on thewb.com, watched a bunch of shows on Hulu (though never Psych, because I have to give that show my whole attention), including House, Burn Notice, Lost... Now, I'd add up all those hours, but I must admit that I did not work steadily through all the online shows. I did work the 20+ hours it took to listen to Breaking Dawn, but with the shows I didn't get as much done as I could have. My house is a MESS, but my family is fed, and the quilts are DONE!!! I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to projects, or books I'm reading... pretty much anything to avoid cleaning! :)
The joke is on M&E, though. With each quilt, there is a little someone who snuck in and used them before anyone else... though, if he tries to make a "first use" claim in the future, I'll have to deny it!
J actually fell asleep under the quilt sitting next to me...
but I had to slip out and do a reenactment to take the picture.
The quilt is in the wash now. With M's quilt, I washed it after they were in bed, and they didn't get to see the mass threads come out of the washer and dryer. I thought they would both enjoy seeing it for E's. I know I was amazed!
5 comments:
The quilt looks great Heather! I still need to do mine, now you can show me how to do it! :)
That turned out absolutely great! What an accomplishment. I'm glad you had fun while you were doing it too. :)
Heather!
I am absolutely DESPERATE! Sorry, I couldn't think of any other way to contact you except to make a comment on your blog.
You made a very nice comment about my arrangement of "Jesus, Savior Pilot Me" a few months ago. Since then my web master redid my entire site and for some weird reason that arrangement was lost. Even worse, my computer has lost it as well. Even our choir director can not find his copy.
Would it be possible for you to mail me a copy of it? I would gladly pay shipping and handling plus a nice fat tip for your trouble.
Thank you!
Linda Pratt
I've just been catching up on your blog after a few weeks without internet, and I have to say that both of those quilts look fabulous! Congrats on getting them done!
Also, your kids are so stinkin' cute.
LINDA!!! You didn't leave any way to get in touch with you. I have the piece! I (stupidly) threw away all my copies when I took them out of the choir folders, but the piano was SO BEAUTIFUL that my pianist kept her copy! :) I can scan and email it to you, if you would like! Just send me an email at rays_sunshine@hotmail.com.
You don't know how I have prayed that my pianist still had a copy. I LOVE that piece! You did such a great job.
Post a Comment