Okay, I'm hooked. I try not to be. I really do! I don't WANT to be a Twilight freaky-fan - and you'll NEVER catch me gushing, or trying to convince others that they should be fans. I let each feel their own way - but half the reason you'll never hear me talk about it is because I don't want to reveal how much I'm hooked on it! :)
I've read the series I think maybe 5 times - I own all the books. Twilight the movie was okay, made me want to go home and read the book to get the REAL story. New Moon was... better. So, while at Wal Mart on Monday, I couldn't resist, I had to buy it on dvd. I made my husband stay up and watch it with me that night. Tuesday, I watched the extra features, fighting the desire to just settle in and watch the movie again. Today, I see the case, and still want to watch it again. Or, just pick up the book and "skim" through it... Not read the whole thing again, of course, just read bits of it... but I know that will lead to reading the whole series again, including "Midnight Sun" on Stephenie Meyers' web site, and I've already done that this year! Must NOT get sucked back in...
So, now you know. I'm a fan. One of those deep dark secrets I try not to reveal... until I feel I have to blog about it in an attempt to shame myself into NOT doing it, just so I can say I didn't!
Maybe I'll just go read the "Mistborn" trilogy again. I've been planning on picking it up again, now that I have all three books back from the various people that I've lent them to. I've only read book three once, book two twice, and book one three times. Elantris, on the other hand... I think I'm on four times. I could get an award for biggest fan of Brandon Sanderson in Tooele, as I have told more people about his books, and enabled them to read as they're not all at the library, than probably anyone else here in Tooele. If only such awards existed. Have YOU read it yet???
3 comments:
So I haven't ever read the books and after I saw the first movie I started having nightmares about vampires, which gave me no desire to read the books! Could you please tell me why everyone likes this series so much?????
So I see your problem Heather, being a closet huge twilight fan never lets you get it out of your system! Remember how dorky I was dressing up being a big weirdo talking about it too much. well now it isn't that big of a deal anymore, I still enjoy it, but I got it out of my system, in fact I have not even had the desire to watch New Moon. funny huh? for the above comment, the writing is well done, and it isn't scary, just fun and very interesting. the movie didn't do it justice. you may want to give it a try. So once I get past my Corrie ten boom which I hope to have done today, can I borrow Elantris? Do you have that one? Did you ever read "these is my words"? I laughed when the girls showed up today, good thing I was on the main floor.
I'm glad you finally admitted it. That's the first step. Now, just relax and read as much as you can as fast as you can. That will get you over it in about 3 months. At least until the next time the hunger hits. Call your older sister for support.
Post a Comment