Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yard Work

I am growing things this year. We've lived in this home for 8 years now, and I have yet to really plant anything, or change anything that the builder planted when they built the place. Ray has pruned the bushes out front, and we've weeded once a year, when the weeds out back get REALLY BAD, but that is it.

Not so for this year. We're off to a good start. While Ray was in Moab, the kids and I took out the little evergreen tree in the front of our house. It was half dead (possibly because of the 1/2 foot deep pile of pine needles that were piled up around the base of the tree), and I've never really LIKED it. A friend of mine gave me raspberry bushes, and that put the urgency in me - I had to get them in the ground. So, we went at that tree!!! It took a while, because we do not have the correct tools for this type of thing. M was a great help there, remembering and finding all of dad's tools.


We all helped



Remember, I said we didn't have the right tools...





Look Ma! I cut off a leaf!




Our best tool, remembered and found by M - a hatchet!


I remember laughing while I took the picture... but I've waited too long to blog it, and I can't remember exactly why it was so funny...

It took a lot of energy, but we got it out! I should have a picture of my two raspberry plants happily growing there now... but I don't. You'll have to imagine it for yourself.

No comments: