Sunday, May 2, 2010

I cut my hair!!!

Well, since forever I have thought that I should grow my hair to donate it. I've been close a few times, but didn't have the patience/courage to DO it.

Last fall, I wanted to cut my hair. So, I decided to cut bangs, and let the rest of my hair grow over the winter so that I could cut it in the Spring, have a fresh new haircut for warm summer - and have hair long enough to donate. Locks of Love can use pieces 10 inches long or longer. Anything shorter they can use - to sell to finance their operation. (http://www.locksoflove.org/).

So, I did it!

Here is a picture of me pre-cut:


And, post-cut:



And, here is the braid that I will mail off to Locks of Love. It measurs 12" from tip to top - though about two inches of hair they won't be able to use for all the split ends! Ray asked what I would do to pass the time, now that I no longer could search for split ends!



I love my new do, and all the cute things I can do with it. Much more flexibility with short hair - my long hair would never take a curl.

The girls got their hair cut at the same time - and about the same cut as I got - so now we're triplets! :) Well, they're twins, with a cute mom!

2 comments:

fabules said...

What an awesome thing to do!! I didn't know that was why you were growing your hair. You are amazing, and I love your new hair style. It just adds to your beauty!

Kat said...

I did the same things once before and I was just thinking of doing it again, so I'm really glad you posted the locks of love website!