I made butterfinger cookies on Sunday for our Family Home Evening treat. J's wonderful Sunbeam teachers have been released recently, and I wanted to thank them for all they have done for J. I loaded cookies on a plate, and J and I walked down to their house. I coached J on what I wanted him to do before we got there.
We rang the door bell, and when she opened the door, J was standing there with the plate of cookies. She took them, and said thank you, and J looked up to her and said, "Thank you for being my teacher." The look on her face as J turned and walked down the porch steps was priceless.
As we were walking back home, J yelled something to me. He was up ahead, and I asked him to repeat it. He turned and said, "Mom, I liked that." I asked him if it felt good to say thank you, and he said yes. He ran on for a bit, then turned around and said, "Thank you Mom!"
Later, he saw his friend playing outside, and he ran to me and asked if he could give cookies to him and his mom and his dad and his sister. He loaded up another plate, and M helped him to take it over. Check one for teaching him about the joys of giving!
No comments:
Post a Comment