I think I love girl power songs. I don't really have a lot of experience with broken hearts, especially the last 13 years, but something about them just gets me.
What brings this up? I have listened to this song so many times on youtube! I love it! The progression of the music just builds up inside of me, and the the release at the end - it is truly beautiful. I love to sing the song at the top of my lungs, with the speakers up loud so I can still hear how she does it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM&NR=1 (Christina Perri, Jar of Hearts)
But, it isn't just this song. I love Dido, and a lot of her songs are similar to it! :) Love singing along to Dido, too. One of my favorite things about her is the sarcasm of the song - which you can miss if you don't listen closely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masCXzplPC4 (All You Want)
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0Gpy7nHiM (Don't Think of Me)
But, I must also admit, most (all) of my adolescence was spent on unrequited love, so I have a strong love for those songs as well. Dido, again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs&feature=relmfu (and David Boreanaz!) White Flag
This one by Amy Grant...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2wrtoloJ6k (I Will Remember You)
And this one by Mariah Carey...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZG2duVte4 (I Still Believe)
Gloria Estefan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lq8FMLd6OU&feature=related (Anything for you)
Perhaps my love for girl power songs is the echoing yang response to the yin era of my life. :) The more mature, secure person responding to the shy, yearning previous me - I spent all that time yearning, but if I had had the courage to respond with a little more I'm worth it courage, I could have spent less time yearning and more time living!
Okay, perhaps that is a bit too deep... time for bed! Maybe just one more time for Jar of Hearts...
Love YouTube for music!
No comments:
Post a Comment