Thursday, June 9, 2011

M's claim to fame

M has been one of two pitchers on her softball team this year. She wasn't planning on pitching, but she was one of the only ones interested in doing it. She does alright, throwing enough strikes that it is worth it to the team to keep her there - and she likes to practice, which is one thing I'm loving about this year, her motivation to improve.

At her last game, the other team had a GREAT pitcher. Fast, and pretty accurate - probably about 80% strikes. And, about double the size of my little girl. I was quite impressed with that pitcher.

After the game, I was talking to a mom from the other team, and she asked me if I'd seen how her team wasn't able to hit M's pitches. "They were always swinging too soon! They weren't used to the slow pitches!"

GO M!!! We all have our strengths, and weaknesss, and a straight comparison from one person to another is never true!

1 comment:

M said...

Thanks Mom. You rock!!!!!!!!!